THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. AN ADDITIONAL CLASS WILL BE OFFERED AT A LATER DATE.
This series consists of four sessions: June 16, June 18, June 23, and June 25. Participants must attend all four sessions.
Microsoft Project Professional is the industry leading Project Management tool, and understanding how to use it is vital to every professional. This class covers all the tools a Project beginner needs, from developing project schedules, assigning resources, and editing timelines, all the way through sharing and outputting the Project for real-world use/update. The class addresses concepts of Critical Patch Methodology, setting Milestones, and updating timetables and workloads throughout the Project lifecycle.
Students will learn the tools they need in order to use MS Project on real-world jobs. This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
June 16 - Session 1: Understanding MS Project
- The Project Interface
- Creating a New Project
- Saving/Opening a Project
- Entering Project Information
- Setting Working Time
- Choosing Automatic or Manual Scheduling
- Entering Tasks
- Project Views
- Organizing Tasks into Phases
- Linking and Unlinking Tasks
June 18 - Session 2: Schedules and Resources
- Moving Tasks
- Rescheduling Tasks
- Splitting Tasks
- Deleting Tasks
- Creating Resources
- Using the Resource Information Dialog
- Assigning Resources to Tasks
- Removing and Replacing Resource Assignments
- Resource Leveling
June 23 - Session 3 : Timelines & Deadlines
- Showing and Hiding the Timeline
- Customizing Timeline Tasks
- Changing Timeline display options
- Copying the Timeline
- Using the Task Information Dialog
- Changing the Task Calendar
- Creating a Baseline
- Using Lag and Lead Time
June 25 - Session 4: Project Output
- Creating Milestones
- Setting Deadlines
- Creating Constraints
- Format, Filters, & Groups
- Exporting a Project to Other Formats
- Printing/Emailing a Project
- Overview of Project Web App