Construction Blueprint Reading Online will run from January 13, 2020 - March 22, 2020 and covers a foundation skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is not terribly difficult but it does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
This class is 100% online. Modules are made available to students on Saturday and course work must be finished by the following Saturday. Students should expect to spend 3-5 hours a week on course work from January 13th until March 22nd.
Harry Kominski, CPE, President H.C.
Kominski & Associates, Construction Consultants
This online blueprint reading course is designed to provide you with that foundation knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get you started. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and with using blueprints on the job on a regular basis. Modules covered in class include:
The Design Process and Blueprints
Scales, Lines and Symbols
Plans, Elevations, Sections, Details
Exterior Closure and Finishes
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
The Problems with Blueprints and Projects
By the end of Construction Blueprint Reading Online you should:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using.
Participants will be provided with a text book, which includes 140 Large Prints, that they may keep. Text books will be mailed out prior to class starting.