June 29 - September 6
Students should expect to spend 3-5 hours per week on course work.
It is important that the student keep up with the class and not fall behind. Course modules will be made available to students on Sunday of each week. Class work must be completed before the following Monday. Students will not be able to work ahead of the class although reading assignments will be made available in advance and posted in the Critical Course Information.
Construction Blueprint Reading Online will run from June 29, 2020 – September 6, 2020 and covers a foundation skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is not terribly difficult but it does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
This class is 100% online. Modules are made available to students on Saturday and course work must be finished by the following Saturday. Students should expect to spend 3-5 hours a week on course work from June 29th – September 6th.
This online blueprint reading course is designed to provide you with that foundation knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get you started. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and with using blueprints on the job on a regular basis. Modules covered in class include:
Modules covered in class include:
By the end of this class you should be able to:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using.
Participants will be provided with a text book, which includes 140 Large Prints, that they may keep. Text books will be mailed out prior to class starting.
Your instructor will be assigned prior to class depending on which section you are in.
- Josef Alter, Construction Engineering Specialist
- James Dorman, Captain, US Army
- David Hahn, Managing Director of Construction, Briarwood Construction, LLC
- Harry Kominski, CPE, President H.C. Kominski & Associates