This is a 10-week course that runs from September 11 – November 19, 2023, and covers a foundation skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading is not terribly difficult but it does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
This class is 100% online. It is important that the student keep up with the class and not fall behind. Course modules will be made available to students on Sunday of each week. Class work must be completed by the following Sunday. Students will not be able to work ahead of the class although reading assignments will be made available in advance and can be found in the Critical Course Information under General Course Information.
This online blueprint reading course is designed to provide you with that foundation knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get you started. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and with using blueprints on the job on a regular basis. Modules covered in class include:
The Design Process and Blueprints
Scales, Lines and Symbols
Plans, Elevations, Sections, Details
Exterior Closure and Finishes
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
The Problems with Blueprints and Projects
By the end of Construction Blueprint Reading Online you should:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects.
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals.
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials at the jobsite.
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using.
Participants will be provided with a text book that they may keep. Textbooks will be mailed out prior to class starting.
The deadline to receive a refund for event registration is (7) seven business days before the event. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.