- 31.20.00: Earth Moving
- 31.40.00: Shoring and Underpinning
- 31.51.00: Anchor Tiebacks
Founded in 1906 by Frank and Joseph D’Angelo, the Company has been a major contributor to the development of the City of Philadelphia as we know it today. After emigrating from Southern Italy, the brothers began doing excavation and stone foundation work for the row homes that were being built all over the city. In the early days, much of the excavation work was done by hand using picks and shovels to load dirt and rock into horse drawn wagons to be hauled away for disposal. Along with the excavation, they included the installation of the stone foundations and cement work required for the construction of many of the neighborhoods in the city that are still standing today.
The company continued with this type of work, known as “operation work” until the late 1950’s when they began to transition into commercial and institutional work completing larger excavation projects, many of which included sheeting, shoring and underpinning for many new buildings being built across the city. Currently, the company is in the third and fourth generations of continuous ownership and management and continues to do all types of excavation, shoring, and underpinning, site work, paving and utility work as well as public projects and heavy civil construction. Today, our professional staff includes a registered Professional Engineer to design shoring, underpinning and geotechnical solutions for any of our projects.
In 2004, the company relocated from its original office and separate yard locations in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, to a new and larger office, shop and storage yard, located in South Philadelphia, encompassing more than 17 acres of land. We now have over 7500 square feet of modern offices and a 23,000 square foot shop, maintenance and truck storage facility.